configuration file
Michael H
2016-02-02 11:07:28 UTC
Hi all,

I just setup amavisd-new on a CentOS 7 system. I'm using clamav and
spamassassin and postfix.

Upon viewing the config file I'm completely lost, this file is such a
mess, default options not listed, no organisation to the file at all,
sections of what I would consider the same configuration are scattered
throughout the file.

Is there a clean working config file that I could start from? Is there
any intention to clean this file? I don't particularly want to reformat
the entire config if it will be overwritten with updates soon.

Also, can you tell me the correct way to honour my postfix rules, i.e.
whitelisting my current client-list from postfix rather than having to
maintain two independent whitelist files?

thanks in advance,

Michael
ad+ (Alexander Dalloz)
2016-02-02 19:12:47 UTC
Post by Michael H
Hi all,
I just setup amavisd-new on a CentOS 7 system. I'm using clamav and
spamassassin and postfix.
[ ... ]
Post by Michael H
Is there a clean working config file that I could start from? Is there
any intention to clean this file? I don't particularly want to reformat
the entire config if it will be overwritten with updates soon.
It will not be overwritten by an update by yum (rpm) as this is a
configuration file.

[ ... ]
Post by Michael H
thanks in advance,
Michael
Alexander
Tomas Macek
2016-02-04 09:03:32 UTC
yes, you are right - the cfg file is really nice mess, because it's not a
cfg
file, but it's a Perl script. That means you don't write the cfg file, but
you programm in Perl with all it's advantages and disadvantages.

Have you seen this?
https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html
I think it's a good source where to begin, but I lack the
all-options-webpage too.
Another file, that can help you (a little bit) is
/usr/share/amavisd-new[ver]/amavisd.conf-default

Tomas