subject line not prefixed
Michael H
2016-04-26 11:42:10 UTC
Hi Mailing list owner,

Could you amend the configuration for the mailing list to include
something in the subject line, like maybe [amavis-users]?

This is the only mailing list I'm on where my filters have difficulty
pinning all of the messages and it's a nuisance.

Thanks!

Michael
Alexander Wirt
2016-04-26 11:57:25 UTC
Post by Michael H
Hi Mailing list owner,
Could you amend the configuration for the mailing list to include
something in the subject line, like maybe [amavis-users]?
This is the only mailing list I'm on where my filters have difficulty
pinning all of the messages and it's a nuisance.
You should use the standard List-ID header:
\(amavisd-new\)" <amavis-users.amavis.org>

Alex
Rob Sterenborg (lists)
2016-04-26 12:09:51 UTC
Post by Michael H
Hi Mailing list owner,
Could you amend the configuration for the mailing list to include
something in the subject line, like maybe [amavis-users]?
This is the only mailing list I'm on where my filters have difficulty
pinning all of the messages and it's a nuisance.
Perhaps creating a filter based on the header List-Id works for you:

\(amavisd-new\)" <amavis-users.amavis.org>

This works for Sieve:

if header :contains "List-id" "amavis-users.amavis.org" {
fileinto "INBOX.Amavisd-new";
stop;
}

But if you're not using Sieve you could create something similar.

Rob
Mark.Martinec+ (Mark Martinec)
2016-04-26 14:44:40 UTC
Post by Michael H
Hi Mailing list owner,
Could you amend the configuration for the mailing list to include
something in the subject line, like maybe [amavis-users]?
Modifying a Subject by a mailing list invalidates original DKIM
signatures, so it is undesirable. Either filter by List-Id as
suggested, or subscribe using a mail address with an extension
(plus addressing) and filter/redirect based on that.
Post by Michael H
This is the only mailing list I'm on where my filters have difficulty
pinning all of the messages and it's a nuisance.
Postfix, SpamAssassin, FreeBSD, apache.org mailing lists, ...
none of these muck with the Subject header field (or add footers).

But yes, it's all about compromises, gain some, lose some...

Mark
@lbutlr
2016-04-28 01:43:40 UTC
Post by Michael H
Could you amend the configuration for the mailing list to include
something in the subject line, like maybe [amavis-users]?
Please do NOT do this. Ever.
Post by Michael H
This is the only mailing list I'm on where my filters have difficulty
pinning all of the messages and it's a nuisance.
Filter better.

\(amavisd-new\)" <amavis-users.amavis.org>

(That is the header you should filter list mail on).
--
'What can I do? I'm only human,' he said aloud. Someone said, Not all
of you. --Pyramids