Question RE Kaspersky 8.0 (klms) socket permission error
Hugo Manuel Ojendiz Lemus
2016-03-30 18:38:29 UTC
Good day everyone

Regarding this problem:
https://lists.amavis.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2014-January/002737.html

Is there any news of how to solve it.

Best Regards.

Hugo Ojendiz
Jakob Curdes
2016-03-30 19:04:57 UTC
Post by Hugo Manuel Ojendiz Lemus
Good day everyone
https://lists.amavis.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2014-January/002737.html
Is there any news of how to solve it.
Ah yes there is an easy trick;amavisd wants its own user and klms also
wants its own user. But with the two separate accounts you will not get
the systems to play nicely with each other.
On the other hand, as I wrote in that entry, it does not work to run
klms as the user amavisd. I never figured out why.
BUT - if you install amavisd with the user amavisd and then klms with
the user kluser (and with the respective group) then you can do the
following:

- manually edit /etc/passwd and /etc/group to set the numerical user ID
of the kluser to be the same as the amavisd user; do the same for the
klusers group.
After doing this, reboot the system and start the services as usual.
With this "manipulation" I got all my KAV installations to work well
with amavisd.

Hope this helps,
JC
Georg Lindner
2016-03-30 18:56:57 UTC
Post by Hugo Manuel Ojendiz Lemus
https://lists.amavis.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2014-January/002737.html
Is there any news of how to solve it.
We solved this problem by changing the group under which klms runs to
the same group as amavis.
According to our technical contact from Kaspersky this is the only
solution at the moment.

In "/var/db/kaspersky/apps/1463"

[credentials]
user=kluser
group=*vscan*

HTH
Georg
Olivier Nicole
2016-03-31 02:29:30 UTC
Hugo,
Post by Hugo Manuel Ojendiz Lemus
https://lists.amavis.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2014-January/002737.html
Is there any news of how to solve it.
For some reason I missed your mail the first time.

For years, I have been runing Kaspersky, and amavis, and clamd as
kluser/vscan

I run kav4fs and not kmls because I found it is enough to use with
amavis and the license is much cheaper (does not count by user).

Best regards,

Olivier