Anti-virus for FreeBSD
Olivier Nicole
2016-03-22 04:39:59 UTC

What anti-virus are you using with FreeBSD? beside ClamAV that is.

I had been using Kaspersky for years, but they are withdrawing their
support for FreeBSD, so i will not renew my license in October.

So I need a replacement, that has a daemonised version of course.

Best regards,

Olivier

Patrick Ben Koetter
2016-03-22 05:23:10 UTC
Post by Olivier Nicole
Hi,
What anti-virus are you using with FreeBSD? beside ClamAV that is.
I had been using Kaspersky for years, but they are withdrawing their
support for FreeBSD, so i will not renew my license in October.
Avira's Antivirus program SAVAPI runs on BSDs. They require per user licenses.
You can't buy SAVAPI directly from Avira. You could buy it from us.

***@rick
--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Franziskanerstraße 15, 81669 München

Olivier Nicole
2016-03-22 10:51:22 UTC
Patrick
Post by Patrick Ben Koetter
Post by Olivier Nicole
What anti-virus are you using with FreeBSD? beside ClamAV that is.
I had been using Kaspersky for years, but they are withdrawing their
support for FreeBSD, so i will not renew my license in October.
Avira's Antivirus program SAVAPI runs on BSDs. They require per user licenses.
You can't buy SAVAPI directly from Avira. You could buy it from us.
Avira just told me that their Unix offer is EOL June 2016, can you
concure?

best regards,

Olivier
Patrick Ben Koetter
2016-03-22 11:45:14 UTC
Post by Patrick Ben Koetter
Patrick
Post by Patrick Ben Koetter
Post by Olivier Nicole
What anti-virus are you using with FreeBSD? beside ClamAV that is.
I had been using Kaspersky for years, but they are withdrawing their
support for FreeBSD, so i will not renew my license in October.
Avira's Antivirus program SAVAPI runs on BSDs. They require per user licenses.
You can't buy SAVAPI directly from Avira. You could buy it from us.
Avira just told me that their Unix offer is EOL June 2016, can you
concure?
As I wrote: You can't buy SAVAPI directly from Avira. It's OEM technology they
don't sell directly. Systemintegrators, such as us, build a product around
SAVAPI and sell it.

HTH

***@rick

Ricky Gutierrez