[AMaViS-user] Static whitelist with MySQL backend?
Anders Norrbring
2007-05-04 19:35:44 UTC
This is a cause of confusion for me...
I'm using Amavis-new 2.4.5 and SpamAssassin 3.2.0 with the MySQL backend
for AWL etc..

What if I want to add domains as statically okay, to always have them
whitelisted.. Where do I do it?

Anders.

Gary V
2007-05-04 22:37:15 UTC
Post by Anders Norrbring
This is a cause of confusion for me...
I'm using Amavis-new 2.4.5 and SpamAssassin 3.2.0 with the MySQL backend
for AWL etc..
The SpamAssassin AWL is not actually a whitelist. It's a score
averaging system.
Post by Anders Norrbring
What if I want to add domains as statically okay, to always have them
whitelisted.. Where do I do it?
Typical ways to whitelist in SA include whitelist_from and
whitelist_from_rcvd. These typically look for sender addresses
in the headers (but may also look at the envelope address):
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#whitelist_and_blacklist_options

Read amavisd.conf-sample and search for whitelist (or WHITELIST). You
will see at least three ways (plus some hints on how the SQL
whitelist/blacklist works) to do static domain wide or per-recipient
soft or hard whitelisting. If you want SQL wbl you should read:
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.sql.txt and
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.sql-mysql.txt
It's my understanding that SQL based wbl is always per recipient (but
the recipient may be a domain). Note that implementing SQL may change
the way amavisd-new performs lookups because results from SQL queries
may override static settings (due to the order in which lookups are
performed). See:
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.lookups.txt

At first it took me some work to get my head around SQL based wbl but
since I don't use SQL in amavisd-new on a regular basis I can tell you
that glancing at it again now I would have to spend a little time to
once again familiarize myself. In other words, it was not obvious to
me.
Post by Anders Norrbring
Anders.
Gary V

Benny Pedersen
2007-05-10 03:55:32 UTC
Post by Anders Norrbring
This is a cause of confusion for me...
I'm using Amavis-new 2.4.5 and SpamAssassin 3.2.0 with the MySQL backend
for AWL etc..
dont use it for whitelist, since awl is not really a whitelist but a score
awarager
Post by Anders Norrbring
What if I want to add domains as statically okay, to always have
them whitelisted.. Where do I do it?
spf, dkim, domainkeys

for me only spf is stable and easy to maintain

in amavisd do not whitelist, use spamassassin whitelist_from_* and set scores
so it does not whitelist to much spam either :)

success, atleast here

--
This message was sent using 100% recycled spam mails.